While I have been somewhat absent from blogland the last week or so (you know how it is, life gets in the way of the fun stuff), I have been lucky enough to be nominated for not one, but two blog awards! Might have to take a leave of absence more often
The Lovely Blogger Award
Here are the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to him/her in your post – done!
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
- Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
Seven things about me:
Trying to include things here that I haven’t already shared with you guys as part of the Versatile award or on the About page (but I didn’t actually check so please forgive any repeats).
- Don’t tell anyone, but I’m turning 30 next month.
- I really like to eat drained two minute noodles with cheese (melted) and soy sauce mixed in. Don’t judge it till you try it! I’ve converted many. This is a hangover from my undergrad days
- I love being right. Who doesn’t though.
- I will be attempting Tough Mudder in January. LOL
- I love double shot soy lattes. Depending on the previous 24 hours I may have a few of these a day.
- I used to play netball something like six days a week. Loved it. Not sure my mother loved ferrying me around though
- I have a degree in Japanese bahahahahhaha – don’t even think about asking me to do more than a self introduction these days however.
15 bloggers I admire (ok, there’s actually 13 listed)
I tried to list people I haven’t highlighted here before too, so in no particular order;
- Ginger Makes – the happiest blogger in all of blog land!
- Kestral Finds and Makes - lurve Pattern Mondays, hilarious!
- Lucky Lucille – puppy pics crack me up
- Fehr Trade – running a marathon, oh yeah! And with all that training still finds time to blog and sew like a crazy person (and lives on a boat – how cool is that!).
- Esme and the Laneway – not specifically sewing, but magical hair, make up and photography, and vintage finds to die for.
- Scruffy Badger Time – funny photoshopping and photos make me giggle
- The Curious Kiwi - lives up to her husbands sewing demands, while gardening up a storm
- Mezzo Couture – beautiful garments – and not just for herself – unlike me
- Did you make that - for bringing to light how many of us sew in our underwear
- Bimble and Pimble - sparky sewing
- Sew Me Love – beautiful party dresses
- Frabjous Couture – love the behind the scenes looks at her gorgeous couture garments
- House of Pinheiro – twitter chatter, instagram pics and a newly completed MBA (and of course beautiful garments as well)
Thank you award
This new blog award is a way to say a big thank you to the people who encourage you by commenting on your blog. You pass on to the last nine commenters on your blog, so here they are:
- Saturday Mornings in Melbourne
- House of Pinheiro
- Ginger Makes
- So I Sewed This
- Up Sew Late
- Mezzo Couture
- Sew Busy Lizzy
Thanks for joining in the fun ladies! And thanks to everyone who reads my tripe
Oh, and the winning pattern and fabric combo in the vote for my next project was, drumroll, Tova – with 40% of the vote. So I made it. And I love it. Pictures to come. Thanks to those who voted!