I actually finished my Papercut Patterns Undercover Hood last weekend but was waiting to get some photos – which I now have – yay! :)
So let me introduce my favourite new toy – a pink and grey hoodie. Check out those matching stripes, oh yes yes yes.
Fabric is a Marc Jacobs cotton jersey like thing from The Fabric Store, and it was a bit of a shite to sew with to be honest. Stripes were mismatched and completely off grain – which made for some fun stripe matching smackdowns (otherwise known as easing and forcing and manipulating).
I didn’t self line the hood. Instead I used some pretty pinky cotton from Spotlight. I also bound the hood/neckline seam with the same pretty pinky cotton.
Apart from the stripe matching smackdowns and moments of confusion over the cuffs (see cuff tutorial) this was actually a pretty easy make.
I cut it to the right size and then made it with 1.5cm seam allowances rather than the 1cm allowances as per pattern instructions. Funnily enough, I think I would have been better off sticking with the 1cm allowances (duh!), teamed with the thicker than recommended fabric it’s little bit snug I think. I also took about 4-5cm off the sleeve length.
I would heartily recommend this pattern. I would like to try it out in a merino too I think… Oh yeah, and the packaging is devine!