Special delivery!

25 Aug

I don’t know about you, but my day is always brightened when a delivery arrives at my desk – especially when it’s a couple of boxes like these!

Delivery boxes

So what’s in the boxes hey? That’s the big question :)

1. Sven clogs

Ever since I saw Sarai’s beautiful silver Sven clogs, I was all like, “oh lordy, I gots to get me a pair of those!”. So when I saw them on sale at Fab, I snapped a pair right up. Unfortunately Fab doesn’t ship to little old Australia, but fear not, that’s where USA Shopping Affair comes in – thank you very much!

Sven clogs

2. Tracing paper galore

I’m a bit tardy in actually completing my bombshell dress – fitting is getting me down – and I had really crappy tracing paper to work with, but I took it upon myself to order some what is hopefully amazingly useful waxed tracing paper from Richard the Thread, one of the suppliers Gertie recommends in the course. The minimum order was $35, so I think I now have enough tracing paper to last a lifetime… in three different colours.

Richard the Thread tracing paper

3. Wiksten Patterns

I know you can download these little beauties, but I’m a bit old school and like to have my hands wrapped around something concrete. Kollabora was having a sale, so I grabbed these and added to my order sitting with USA Shopping Affair.

Wiksten patterns

So that’s what’s in the box! Now, let’s get sewing hey :)

9 Responses to “Special delivery!”

1. sewbusylizzy August 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM #

I am sooooo jealous of that tracing paper!!!

• ZoSews August 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM #

I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, but it can’t be any worse than rubbish chalk one I have! From watching the craftsy vids, I think it’s going to knock my socks off.

2. Kristal August 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM #

Hi Zoe,
    I live in Brisbane and am about to embark on the Bombshell dress. I’ve just started looking for supplies and saw this post. If you have more tracing paper than you really need, I would be interested in buying some off you and sharing the cost?
    If you are, feel free to email me – kristalreynolds@hotmail.com
    Cheers, Kristal

3. kristalreynolds August 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM #

Hi Zoe,
    I live in Brisbane and am about to embark on the Bombshell dress. I\’ve just started looking for supplies and saw this post. If you have more tracing paper than you really need, I would be interested in buying some off you and sharing the cost?
    If you are, feel free to email me – kristalreynolds@hotmail.com
    Cheers, Kristal

• ZoSews August 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM #

Hey Kristal, thanks for your interest! I’ll be in touch soon :)

4. punkmik August 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM #

oh those clogs are amazing! Good luck with the bombshell dress. I watched all the videos twice and got my fabric but I am scared! silly really. Maybe in a few weekend times I can finally commit. :P

• ZoSews August 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM #

I have everything ready to go, and am playing with the bust fitting. But I don’t have a mannequin and it’s been freezing here (and I was cracking it lol) so it’s been put to the side for a break – for now! Videos are great aren’t they! I’m sure you’ll be fine :) I have falled in love with the whole thread tracing process…

5. M September 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM #

Just found your blog and find it very entertaining. With regard to USA Shopping Affair can you please explain?